It is no secret that having clean windows is desirable, but more often than not this gets overlooked by more pressing matters. Sometimes windows even get neglected for years, leaving them dingy, filmy, and with more hard water spots than you can count. Cleaning windows inside and outside can be a fairly overwhelming task. Once cleaned, streaks can be blemishing the shine, or perhaps the stubborn water spot simply won’t dissolve, or the stubborn grime layer won’t budge. No matter the situation, clean windows are within reach. We at AMaidZing Commercial Cleaning & Janitorial would like share some tips on getting windows shiny and pristine.
How to Clean Dirty Windows to Get the Glass & Frame Clean
1. If you notice a built up residue of left behind from department store shelves, we have a recipe that can help cut the filmy residue out. In a spray bottle, combine 2 cups of warm water, ¼ cup of white distilled vinegar, and ½ tsp of mild liquid dish soap. Be sure the solution is well mixed.
– If the windows are not layered with buildup, and just need a normal cleaning, combine equal parts water and whit distilled vinegar in a squirt bottle, and mix well.
– For windows that appear to have been neglected since installation, use concentrated distilled white vinegar, and microwaves it to lukewarm temperature, and applies generously onto the windows.
2. Remove the dirt, dust and debris buildup before cleaning with a soft bristled broom or brush.
3. Squirt mixture on the window frame and sill and clean the surface with a microfiber cloth.
4. Spray the window top to bottom, and allow it to settle for 30 seconds or so, if needed, reapply. Using a squeegee, clean away film and solution. If you prefer to use a cloth, utilize a microfiber cloth.
Window cleaning can be challenging work, some may like the time, physical capability, or even the motivation. To get premium clean windows, invest in a routine maintenance plan from a professional. They have the superior equipment, highest quality detergents and the experience and expertise to get windows glomming and at their shiniest.
How to Keep Outside Windows Clean?
Whether you invested time and elbow grease, or the aid of a pro, you want to keep the windows cleaner longer, below are some tips to just that!
– Avoid setting up the BBQ grill with 4 feet of windows. The smoke, grease and oils can quickly dingy up your windows.
– Keep bushes and trees pruned and trimmed back to keep the debris from making contact.
– If possible, set the sprinklers away from the windows, and if necessary, manually water the vegetation that close to windows to avoid getting water spots.
– Clean windows and cloudy (but not rainy) days when temperatures are not too hot.
How to Keep Inside Windows from Getting Dirty?
– Stay clear of placing ambient or perfumed candles that are lit close to windows so the smoke doesn’t haze your windows.
– Clean windows on sunless day, where the sun is either down or clouds are blocking the rays, and temperatures are optimal.
– Keep blinds and curtains cleaned, and periodically dust.
Residential & Commercial Window Cleaning, Janitorial, Housekeeping Maid Services & More in Van Nuys, Hollywood, Malibu, Burbank, Studio City, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica & Greater Los Angeles, CA
Our team of professionals at AMaidZing Commercial Cleaning & Janitorial has all the credentials and expertise to make them the leading specialists in window care and other cleaning needs. Call us today!